Friday, February 25, 2011

Are You Getting Paid To Be You Yet?

"Paid To Be YOU" is a site where I am going to talk about all the things that I do so that you can learn from them in case you, like me, want to be paid to be who you are!!

Here is one of many books that have helped me..soon we'll get into the nitty gritty of how to be who you are (with benefits).

I read this book for the first time a year or two ago, I was blogging under a different blog at the time: http://strawberrytechmama.blogspot.com and had a job, so things were very different.

Since then I have taken up a LOT of side gigs, met a lot of people, and learned a lot about making things work the way we WANT them to work out. If you clicked my "gigs" link don't worry...those were all BEFORE reading this book, couldn't help throwing it in there though!

I hope you will join me for the ride, it is a beautiful journey! I will be posting about all the things I do and adding to the list as I do more, so be sure to look at the older posts and not just follow the new ones.

What I like about this book is that it really gets you back in touch with yourself, it has some very simple exercises that really bring the reader to the core of who they are, what motivates them, why, and how to maintain the kind of focus that is needed to stay in that space so that accomplishments can be made. I recommend blogging about the priorities and lessons you learn to share your journey with others (increases accountability) as well as for yourself, so that you have it to refer back to. The first time I blogged about it you can see what I came up with HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment